Ligamentotomy is one of the most popular penis enlargement methods. Despite the fact that the operation is complicated by the rehabilitation period, it has a fairly high efficiency. After the operation, the phallus increases in length by 2-5 cm. These indicators can only be achieved if the surgeon's recommendations are strictly followed and the extender is constantly worn.
Indications for surgery
The main indication for ligamentotomy is a penis length of up to 12 cm with full arousal. The most common cause of a small penis is the anatomical structure (congenital micropenis). But the operation is performed in other cases:
- size reduction after injury;
- hypospadias, in which the opening of the urethra is wrong;
- penile curvature (Peyronie's disease);
- epispadias (the upper wall of the urethra is completely or partially split);
- replacement of the cavernous bodies of the organ with connective tissue (cavernous fibrosis);
- Hereditary diseases - Kallman or Klinefelter syndrome.
Contraindications for ligamentotomy
- The presence of a mental illness at any time;
- The location of the malignant tumor in the genital area;
- Presence of uncontrolled hypertension:
- Resistance of the individual patient to painkillers, anticoagulants, allergic reactions to the metal suture, disinfectant solutions;
- Advanced infection of bacterial etiology;
- Inflammatory processes in the genital area;
- The presence of diseases characterized by poor blood clotting;
- Previously transferred surgeries in this area and injuries to the genitals;
- The presence of sexually transmitted diseases, infectious and inflammatory processes of the lower body.
Preparation for ligamentotomy
The duration of the ligamentotomy depends on the method and is 20-60 minutes. Before the operation, the man undergoes a standard examination, which includes:
- Consultation of a urologist-surgeon and a psychiatrist.
- Blood tests (clinical and biochemical).
- General urinalysis.
- A smear from the urethra.
- Blood test for syphilis, HIV infection and hepatitis.
- Examination by the anesthetist.
Preparation for the operation begins 10 hours before, the patient is recommended not to eat or drink, his groin area is shaved.
How is the penis lengthened by ligamentotomy?
The operation is performed under anesthesia. A skin incision is made in the middle of the scrotum, through this incision the surgeon gains access to the suspensory ligament of the penis, which is severed with a scalpel. The duration of the operation is 0. 5-1 hour. Absorbable threads are placed on the skin of the scrotum.
The process consists of several phases:
- the patient is placed on a sterile couch;
- Spinal anesthesia is administered; monitor the body's reaction;
- the surgeon makes a small incision;
- probes the ligament;
- does his dissection with a scalpel;
- stretches the penis with slow and careful movements to the maximum length of the tape (it is different for each person);
- the incision is sutured; a bandage is created.
Ligamentotomy can be performed according to the standard method, but another version of it is also used in modern medicine - with the introduction of fatty tissue into the cavity to increase the diameter of the penis. Also, the plastic differs in the type of excision - through the scrotum or the pubic bone.
Excision in the scrotal region
This technique is considered the most modern and safe. If earlier they opened access to the ligament through the pubic bone, now they do it through the scrotum, which opens up new possibilities:
- the operation time is reduced to 10-20 minutes;
- there is no scar;
- reduced trauma to soft tissues;
- it became possible to perform surgical manipulations with a large amount of adipose tissue;
- Maximum freedom from pain after and during the operation.
Features of the procedure:
- the skin is cut in the scrotum (upper part of the seminal sac), after which the soft tissues are moved apart;
- opens access to the ligament apparatus;
- the superficial loop-like band is stopped;
- the brace is loosened;
- bleeding is performed.
During scrotal excision, the surgeon pays attention to the mobilization of ligaments located near the branches of the dorsal vein and spermatic cords.
incision in the pubic region
This is the first penis enlargement method that was used. Its peculiarity is the following:
- excision is made in the pubic area;
- large scars remain;
- high level of traumatism of soft tissues;
- Difficulty operating on an overweight patient;
- long rehabilitation period;
- The scar formed in many cases does not allow the penis to fully assume the upward direction.
differences in methods
Pain sensations with these two methods are different: with the first option, exit through the scrotal region is characterized by safety and painlessness for the patient, but certain difficulties for the surgeon. In the second option, it is easier for the doctor to cut out the tape through an incision above the pubic area, but this promises pain for the patient.
Cosmetic surgeries are performed under local anesthesia. The duration of the operation is about 50 minutes. Finally, a bandage is applied in the postoperative area. The sutures are removed after 2 weeks.
Rehabilitation after ligamentotomy. renewal
An extender is a device that is required after a ligamentotomy, without which there is no postoperative effect and the operation is in vain.
The device must be used for 4 or more hours per day for more than 3 months. It is generally accepted that most of the renewal process occurs from the third to the sixth month.
Results: before and after ligamentotomy
None of the methods can guarantee 100% penis enlargement. Even men who decide to have surgery cannot boast of the expected result. In most cases, an elongation of the penis is observed, but these figures hardly reach 2-3 cm. For example, if the length of a man's penis in the normal state hardly reaches 12-13 cm, after removal of the supporting ligament it will increase to 4 cm. However, this does not mean that this result applies to everyone who performs a ligamentotomy.
The further wearing of the extender plays an important role. If you wear it strictly according to the scheme drawn up by the doctor, the growth of the phallus will be much more noticeable than if you deviate from it. Ligamentotomy, the results of which directly depend on the individual structural features of the penis, is an effective method of increasing the size of the shaft, but at the same time the effectiveness of the procedure is determined by the patient's patience and diligence. After all, it's difficult to wear an extender every day for many months. Not every person is able to use the device every day.
Is a ligamentotomy worth it?
So to do or not to do? Not every man can opt for a ligamentotomy. Firstly, this is a responsible decision, and secondly, it is quite expensive. On the territory of our country, the cost of a ligamentotomy can reach impressive amounts of tens of thousands of rubles, such a difference is determined by the qualification of the plastic surgeon, the rating of the clinic and the price of the extender.
For obvious reasons, each urological center that respects the patient and performs a ligamentotomy provides detailed information about this intimate surgery on the website. The plastic lengthening of the penis by cutting the ankle strap is considered a simple and relatively safe operation. But no clinic gives an absolute guarantee. Therefore, the choice is yours - to have surgery or try to solve the problem not so radically.
How much does a penis enlargement cost?
The cost of the operation depends on the qualifications of the operating doctor. You need to understand that this does not include consultations with a specialist, his examination, staying in the hospital, necessary medication and postoperative monitoring.